Roulette is one of the most popular and most fun games that can be found in online casinos around the world. There are different variations of this game, and in this article, we will deal with the European version.
European roulette is one of the most preferred by players since it provides better winning chances as it is a game where the house edge is only 2.63%. If you want to know how to play european roulette, read on and find out everything you need to know to increase your chances of winning big.
First, we will point out the characteristics of this game. European roulette has 37 divisions, with numbers from 1 to 36 and only one 0 (zero), unlike American roulette, which has 2 zeros.
How to play european roulette
As we have mentioned before, this roulette consists of 37 slots with 37 numbers ranging from 0 to 36. Half of these numbers are red, and the other half is black, and the only number with another color is the zero, which is green.
The croupier is the one who spins the roulette wheel and throws the little white ball. At that moment, the players must place their bets by placing their chips on the numbers or groups of numbers drawn on the table cloth, trying to guess in which box the ball will fall when the roulette wheel stops spinning. Different types of bets can be placed (which we will see later), and each of them has different odds of winning and different payouts based on those odds.
Of course, in the case of an online roulette game, there will be no croupier, and instead of a table with a physical cloth, the game will be played on a virtual table. In this case, the results are generated by a software called RNG, which guarantees that they are random so that it is a fair game. There are also live online roulette games that allow bettors to play virtually but with a real dealer who is broadcast live from a physical casino or studio.
Anyway, whether you are playing in a physical casino, in a virtual game, or through the live online game, the rules for playing European roulette are always the same.
Types of bets in European Roulette
There are many different combinations of bets that can be placed, and each one of them offers different winning possibilities and different types of payouts. The bets in this type of roulette are divided into the following categories: inside and outside.
Internal section: you can bet on individual numbers linked together on the table or grid or in groups of up to 6.
External section: you can bet on red or black, odd or even, ‘High’ (if you think it will fall on a number between 1 and 18) or ‘Low’ (if you think it will fall on a number between 19 and 36). In addition, you can also place 6 different bets of 12 numbers each (columns and dozens).
These are the ones that compose the numbers from 0 to 36:
* Direct: It means betting on any number specifically. The payoff is 1 x 36
* Division: It means betting on two contiguous numbers in the grid. The payoff is 1×18
* Row: It is to bet on 3 numbers in a horizontal line; the payoff is 1 x 12.
* Double Row: This is betting on six numbers in two contiguous rows on the grid. The payoff is 1 x 6.
* Corner: This is to bet on four contiguous numbers in a block that shares a corner. The payoff is 1 x 9.
They are composed of sectors or groups of numbers. They are placed outside the numbers and can be:
* Red or black color: Betting if the winning number will be red or black. The payment is 1 x 2.
* Odd or Even: It is to bet if the winning number will be odd or even. The payoff is 1 x 2.
* High or Low: You bet on the numbers from 1 to 18 in a single bet or on the numbers from 19 to 36. The payoff is 1 x 2.
* Dozen: To bet on one of the three dozens of numbers on the table or grid. It can be from 1 to 12, 13 to 24, or 25 to 36. The payoff is 1 x 3.
* Column: It is about betting in which column the winning number will be. The table is divided into 3 columns, each containing 12 numbers. The payoff is 1 x 2.
European roulette is a trendy game among casino games and is very easy to learn how to play. This game variation is entertaining and offers better odds since it has a very low house edge. It is a great game for new players who are just getting started in the online gambling industry.